(An ad bar may go here)



Wednesday, March 5, 2008

~* Weekend in Nairobbery *~

Hey all. So, this past weekend we went into Nairobi, for a weekend away from Kimuka. It was a pretty good time. We went to Nakumatt Junction just outside of Nairobi for lunch on Friday afternoon. A restaurant there named Java. It was awesome. I totally pigged out and had a double bacon cheeseburger with salad, a smoothie, and three scoops of ice-cream for dessert. It was awesome. After lunch, Dustin and I went to the theatre and watched Michael Clayton. It was a pretty good movie. We got the tickets, popcorn, and a pop for like $7.00 It was pretty rad.
Friday night we just chilled at Catherine's ( the host mom in Nairobi) place with her, her two brothers and a couple other volunteers. We watched t.v and chatted. It was nice.

Saturday we went into Nairobi after lunch and walked around. We wanted to go to one of the outdoor markets, but we showed up and found out it was closed. We did get to go to the safari company and book our safari for this coming up weekend! We will be doing the Maasai Mara for 3 days, and then heading up to Lake Nakuru for 1 day. It's going to be awesome. I'm really looking forward to it. And because of all the violence, there's hardly any tourists in the country, so from what we gathered, the 4 of us will be the only ones on the safari with this company, which is awesome.
Make sure you check the picture page soon for the pictures from there. Also, I put some new pictures up today.


Saturday night we went out to a club in Nairobi. Catherine's two brothers took us out - they're 22, and 19, and really cool guys. The club was pretty decent. There was around 8 of us there. However, around 2:00am, I figured it was time to go dance, because you can't really go to a club in Nairobi, and not dance right? Well I danced for about 3 songs, and then came back to our table, checked my pocket, and found that my wallet was gone. Yeah, somebody swiped it - I think. It may have fallen out, but I'm guessing someone took it. Dustin had his phone taken as well, and another Kenyan that was with us had his phone stolen too. So yeah, kind of a shitty way to end the night, but it's all good. I only had about $20 in there, and I called my bank and they canceled my Visa and my debit card, and will be sending me new ones. I'll just be borrowing money from Virginia and Dustin until I get the new cards in the mail.

Sunday we basically just spent the whole day relaxing at Catherine's. We had a BBQ in the evening - a Nyoma Choma - where they bought a tonne of meat and grilled it. It was pretty sweet. We bought a few bottles of wine and chilled at home.

On Monday we waited for Virginia and a few others to come into Nairobi, and we went with them and bought a laptop for MEAC.

I guess that's all for now. I'll be posting later about the new project we will be working on, so stay tuned!

Suneil






Please put your pencils down now.
Sit quietly with your test booklets closed while I come around to collect them.
Go back to the Ghostbusters hideout, or visit the past, in this wicked time machine.