(An ad bar may go here)



Tuesday, March 11, 2008

~* Back Home *~

Hey all. So I made it back to Ngong today and am going to try to upload pictures from the safari. I'll also try to write comments on them, instead of writing a crazy long blog about the safari. However, the highlights include:

- Being the only people in the camp, and seeing less than a dozen different vehicles all weekend. It felt like we had the park all to ourselves.
- Visiting the Tanzania/Kenya & Maasai Mara/Serengeti border
- Seeing elephants, and lions "doing it" (of which I have pictures) and watching an impalla trying to "do it."
-Watching a pack of 5 lions stalk two buffalo. Unfortunately it was too late in the day for them to finish the hunt. We did see one lion take off after a warthog though. That was pretty special.
- Getting almost charged by a pissed off buffalo after we drove too close to him
- Getting super close to some elephants/buffalo/hyena/and lions
- Driving around the Mara, standing for almost 8 hours, just enjoying the view
- Looking inside the van and finding Dustin, Nicole and Brent all asleep. I really felt like I had the park to myself then.
- Seeing the big 5 - Lion, Buffalo, Leopard (albeit very quickly and no pictures), Elephant, Rhino (both black and white)

The rest of the safari you can probably gather from the pictures. I took well over 800 pictures

As for our plans now:

I am waiting for my new debit card to come in the mail, so we probably won't be able to start building until I get that, as the money that Dustin has raised has run out. However, thanks to all of you wonderful people, we should be able to have enough to fund the entire toilette project.
Also, it looks like I might have some corporate sponsorship for the project that I have been thinking up. I am going to try to work a lot on the proposal, and get things more organized and thought out, as to how I want the program to run - especially for when I leave for back home.
I'm guessing that this will take up most of my time over the next two months (today is the official two month-a-versary since we left Canada).
I'm really optimistic about this project. I hope that I have enough time to get everything built and in order by the time I leave here in May/June. I think it could turn into a really good long-term project to help the community.

Well, I think that's all that I have to say for now. I don't know when I'll be blogging next. Without my debit card, we can't really do too much, so hopefully the bank will send that out to my sister as soon as possible, and then she can send it off to me. I will try to keep you up to date on everything.

Take care!

Suneil






Please put your pencils down now.
Sit quietly with your test booklets closed while I come around to collect them.
Go back to the Ghostbusters hideout, or visit the past, in this wicked time machine.